Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The One Where I was in a Movie

A few weeks ago I get an email from a friend saying that there is a director who goes to our church (Jubilee) who needs some extras for his new movie. My friend Taryn and I decided to go for it. We were given very little information besides "dress like you're going to an art gallery opening" and the time to be there.

The scenes they needed extras for took place at night, so we filmed 2 nights at a restaurant called ColaPasta. The first night, a Friday, we filmed from 10pm to 8am on Saturday. Saturday night we filmed from 11pm to 9am the next morning.
Overall, it was a really fun experience! The first night, there was a lot of sitting around...but luckily, I am always thinking and had brought some "coloring" to do. I was not thinking, however, about the weather. We were filming outside, and even the shots "in" the art gallery were freezing because it was not an enclosed space. I did not bring a sweater and so did my best to have thick skin during the shoots. In between shots, everyone hustled under blankets and coats to get a few minutes of warmth. My hand was very definitely frozen in the wineglass-holding position. I hope they didn't get a close-up.

I got assigned to be "friend #1." Most of the time this meant murmuring in the background and looking at paintings. However, around 3 or 4 am on Saturday, I also found out I had actual lines! And not just a quick 1-liner, but a whole conversation! The director places us all and then says, "Ok, are you ready to go?" And I'm like, uhhh, I haven't even seen the script yet! I was supposed to be "ditzy and vapid"...it took a little practice, but I think I eventually pulled it off!
I really enjoyed getting to know so many people from the movie. A lot of the cast/extras go to Jubilee, but I hadn't met them before, so it was a good chance to connect with more people from church. I also got to practice my German with one of the main actors, Pascal. He's German-Korean...and a SUPERMODEL! In fact, he's from the same state I lived in when I studied there.
I know Sun-ho (the director) is planning to enter the film into some festivals, so if it becomes widely available, I'll let everyone know. I'll be in the background, staring at paintings. ^^
My friend Youngen took a lot of photos, so you can see more on her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=2376957&id=22417896&ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment