Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A shout-out to Korean Engagement Photos

I have some friends getting married soon and want to take this opportunity to share a gem of Korean culture: the Engagement Photo.
The engagement photo shoot is an all day extravaganza. The bride usually has several (rented) wedding gowns, evening gowns, and period costumes (including but not limited to traditional Korean Hanbok and colonial area ballgowns). All pictures are taken inside on a myriad of sets. And, if the bride starts starts to look a little peaked, then they just move the groom into her line of sight so that she'll start smiling all over again.
My friends Daniel and Yena, who are getting married in June, had their photo shoot a couple of days ago. Daniel was one of the first people I met at Jubilee, and he and Yena are the sweetest couple. I love to see people in love!
A couple of months ago, on a Sunday afternoon I asked Daniel how he was doing. He said, "I'm doing really well. I'm in love." It sounds like a movie, but you could just tell on his face that he had found her. At that time, he wanted to keep it a secret until they were engaged -- he already knew that he wanted to marry her!  A little bit later they were engaged, wearing matching hoodies, and planning their wedding.
Daniel was so over-the-moon once he found Yena; he couldn't wait to be her husband. I love that sentiment -- that when it's right and two people are so in love, they just can't wait to commit to each other. I am so excited for Daniel and Yena; you can't help but look at them and see little hearts come out of their eyes. They both have such a heart for God and for service -- they are truly sweethearted people!
I'm snagging some of their engagement photos so that you can see a Korean photoshoot first hand and also share in the joy of these friends!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! These are so cute! Thanks for sharing this little cultural gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe. jillian.. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete