Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Updates and more Updates

So friends & fam...I really don't have that much to say. Or rather, I'm at a PC-Bang (pronounced bahhng. It means "room.") surrounded my Korean males playing online games and I don't want to spend a lot of time here. I mean, it's nice...but so is my apartment.
Anyways, sorry I haven't been on lately. I have so many photos to show and stories to tell, but.......my computer broke. Really broke. Broke Broke Broke. So, all of my photos and stories will have to wait until I get home. Just get ready for a flood of Christmas photos that you've never seen sometime in March.
Also, if you haven't heard yet.........I am coming home! I get into town March 1. Everyone asks me: what do you plan to do when you get home? .........I have taken a break from "planning" my life. In the fall, I received some wise counsel that led me to decide, as long as I am here, I am going to put my energy into life here. And when I get home, I will focus on home.
As far as life here...since Christmas, I have just been making sure I've seen everything in Seoul that I wanted to see/thought I should see before I go home. This included World Cup Stadium, a couple of palaces, quality time with friends, several cups of coffee, and most recently: a SPA!!!
I've always been enthralled with the idea of mineral spas...until I found out about this German style spa, right outside the city. Today my friend Faith and I traveled there. http://www.termeden.com/english/index.asp It was amazing! Sometimes I feel weird about things like spas and massages, because I feel like it's almost too luxurious...but with only a week left, I thought, it's time! We took an express bus out of Seoul, and in less than an hour were at Termeden. Termeden features German-style and Korean-style sauna, so it's truly a multi-culti style. I highly suggest you go. (I will post photos as soon as possible)
This week...my plan is to work hard, spend time with friends, see some of my favorite spots, and soak up as much of the city as possible. God has been so great to me here, I don't want to let this gift go to waste!
Friends back home: see you soon! Thanks for all the love and support and prayers over the past 18 months.
Friends here: come to my goodbye party! Thanks for making life here beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment