So,one of my favorite movies is Elizabethtown. I don't know why; the first time I saw it, I was really disappointed, and it has a pile of bad reviews. However, sometime over the past two years, it has become my comfort food, my fried chicken, and my hey-i'm-doing-laundry-and-need-background-noise movie. Despite my affinity for it, there are still some quandries I have.
For instance, the movie takes place over the span of 4 days, right? So, Susan Sarandon learns cooking, tap-dancing, organic cooking, plumbing, and mechanics in 4 days? Right after her husband has died? I feel like her story should be over the span of 6-12 months, and yet, 4 days?
This is really my only major issue with the movie. Has anyone else ever questioned the plausibility of the wife's actions in this movie? I mean, wouldn't the wife be in mourning and be mega-overwhelmed at this point? And yet, she wastes no time after the death of her husband, and starts to take every class at the community center.
If you have thoughts on this, I'd be interested to know them. I think my laundry and tonight's viewing of Elizabethtown should end at about the same time, so I feel pretty lucky!
- Jillian L.
- Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
- I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.
JuJu, I had never thought about that before. But Susan Sarandon's pretty amazing so maybe that's where the plausibility lies.
ReplyDeletedoes it say something about me that I find it more plausible for Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst to fall in love with each other over the span of 4 days than I do for Susan Sarandon to learn organic cooking? :)
ReplyDelete