Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Reasons why I love this country #2

KOREANS!
I love Koreans, I really do. Because if a Korean has something to say to you, they will just say it. They won't stand on the street and try to inconspicuosly stare at you or joke with a friend, they will just tell you what they are thinking.
For instance, tonight, I went to visit my friend Sam in Itaeon. After kebap and an iced chai, she walks me back to my bus-stop and waits with me. We're talking and then this older Korean couple walks up, stares at us for a minute, and then starts talking to us in Korean. I have no idea what they are saying, so I look at Sam, and she basically tells them that we cannot understand what they are saying.
Does this deter them from talking to us? NO!  They just keep laughing and attempting to impart nuggets of wisdom upon us. So, Sam and I smile and nod and then keep trying to turn back to our conversation. But everytime we start talking, the older Korean couple interrupts and starts trying to talk to us again. They're not even attempting to use English (as many Koreans do when they meet foreigners), they are just talking in Korean on and on and on. Sam and I attempt to restart our conversation at least 3 times, but to no avail. This couple was just way too excited to see two white girls talking to each other, I guess they wanted to be a part of the action? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment