Saturday night was Newcomers Fellowship at Jubilee. They have this once a month, for people who have just started coming. I was a little bit nervous, but also excited to get to meet other new people at Jubilee. It was a great night -- I laughed really hard.
First, we got into small groups and played 2 truths and a lie. Then we got into different small groups and played this game where you had to talk as long as possible without using thinking words such as "uh" or "um" or pausing. I made it for 20 seconds. The third game was a sort of movie charades mixed with telephone. One group would get on stage and everybody would stand in line, facing each other's backs. The person at the end of the line would be shown a movie title; then they had to tap the shoulder of the person in front of them and act out this movie, without making any noise. Then that person would tap the shoulder of the person in front of them and imitate what they were just shown. This keeps going until the front of the line, where the person in front would have to try and guess the movie.
Our group's movie was "8 Mile," I was the last person charading, and yeah, me trying to impersonate Eminem gave everyone a good laugh. Thankfully, as far as I know, there are no photos of this event. For our last game, we all got in a big circle and played "I have never..." There is one person in the middle who says something they have never done. Everyone sitting in the circle who has done this activity has to get up and switch seats. Whoever doesn't get a seat ends up in the middle; if you were in the middle 3 times, you had to sing a song. I, luckily, never ended up in the middle...mainly, because I ran low and wasn't afraid to push a little to get a seat!
Sunday, Pastor Dave gave an awesome message from Exodus, entitled "Awesome Leader, Awesome Follower" http://www.myjubileechurch.com/multimedia.htm Somehow, he always says exactly what I need to hear. After church, I had lunch with my Axis group. I got to meet Jennifer, who was not able to make our first meeting on Monday. Then, Sunday night, I went to a meeting about volunteering at Ecclesia Cafe, our church's coffee shop. Again, it was all girls at the meeting -- but I am so happy to get to know so many sisters! It is definitely just what I need!
Through the week, I can get kind of down-in-the-dumps, but I am so THANKFUL for these weekends of good fun and fellowship! It makes life here so much richer!
Jillian, oh my goodness, your life sounds so exciting! I see you figured out how to do the span tags too!
ReplyDeleteo yes. i actually had to tread into the scary waters of html, but I was victorious!
ReplyDelete