Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Welcome to Jillian-Teacher's Room!

I have several pictures of my Kinder online, but not so many of our classroom! I've been decorating a little more lately, and with Thanksgiving coming, my kids have been tracing their hands like crazy! I wanted to share what our little learning-corner of the world looks like. ^^

This is outside the classroom. I like the flower.


                                                Welcome to our classroom!

This calendar took me awhile, so I'm pretty proud of it. On the evening I finally put it up, somehow, I was missing "23" and had to quickly remake it. The skeleton is Mr. Bones.



I divided the class into 4 "wizard houses." Each time a student gets a good grade, their wizard house gets a wand. Can you tell which house is made of over-achievers?



My first bulletin board. I'm pretty proud of it.

Here are our "hands & feet" turkeys. Obviously, some of the students are more adept at putting a turkey together than others.....






Our class plant: mushrooms. They are probably dead, but I just tell the children I pruned them. "Pruned" being figurative for snapping off all the dead mushrooms.

Our class pets: Sausage and HappyKatieSuzie. These snails are resilient!












Here is another turkey craft. Again, some children show more potential for successfully assembling birds than others....

No comments:

Post a Comment