Yeah, I slept through it.
It, apparently, hit about 6 hours earlier than expected...which puts it at around 6ish AM here in Seoul. I remember waking up vaguely and thinking, huh, it is really windy outside. That construction site I live by is going to be a mess. (Then again, I live by a construction site...have lived there for 12 months. There is always loud noise.) But I didn't think it was the typhoon, because the typhoon wasn't supposed to hit until during the day. I thought it was pre-typhoon weather and would slowly build up to the typhoon.
I woke up at 5:42 to go to the bathroom, batted an eye at all the wind and rain, and was thankful I still had 18 minutes until my alarm went off. My alarm went off at 6, I opened 1 eye, pressed the snooze, and slept until 6:20. Then I really did wake up, stumbled to the bathroom, and started my morning. Apparently, this was when all the storming was going on. I wasn't fully awake. I didn't really notice.
When I set out for work, this is what my neighborhood looked like:
| OK, some bushes were out of place, but the neighborhood ahjummas were already on it! |
This is what I was expecting to happen today:
![]() |
| Actually, this did happen in Korea...just not in Seoul. |
According to Bloomberg, Seoul got lashed, but it must have been in some other neighborhood. The financial district seems to have made out just fine. As I told Mike, commerce will protect us!

Glad to hear your ok. I was just reading the Bloomberg article which does make it sound much worse than your account. However, it also said it "...delayed the opening of at least one school." So really how bad can that be? :)
ReplyDelete