Like...typhoons.
I have read about typhoons, and seen videos, but I didn't really think it was something that affected Korea. Korea, or at least Seoul, seems so protected from other "common" Asian events...as if the skyscrapers and subways and giant outdoor flatscreens act as a wall against natural disasters.
But, a typhoon is coming. I'm not sure what exactly this entails...I had a story book once with my older kids about a typhoon. In that story, a boy lost his parrot, but the parrot came back safely after the storm, and the boy did not seem that affected by the high winds...
As the rainy season just.won't.end,it seems fitting that there might as well be a tropical storm.
The storm is set to hit on Thursday...though it's already (or still, depending how you look at it) raining. Being Korea, they probably won't call off school...but oh well. I'm oddly excited to be living in a country that gets hit by typhoons...I feel like it will be a great conversation starter someday...
A full story can be found here: Typhoon Kompasu Heading Towards Seoul

No comments:
Post a Comment