Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Design Olympiad

One of my favorite things -- on EARTH -- is the Olympics! I love the Olympics! I love watching people from all over the world get together and compete and cheer their countries on. I love rooting for the countries that no one think will win. I love thinking that all of the athletes are super-friends and that for about two weeks, the whole world just slows down and watches and supports their respective countrymen as they strive to meet their dreams. SO, having such a love for the Olympics, can I express how AMAZING it was to step foot in an Olympic stadium?
Saturday I had originally planned to go hiking, but it had been raining all morning and I thought the trails would be all muddy, so I browsed around for other events and saw the Seoul Design Olympiad 2009. The flyer said Jamsil Sports Complex. OK, no problem, it's only a few stops away. But Jamsil sport complex is where the Olympic Stadium is! So when I stepped foot into Olympiad, I was standing where the Olympics were once held! That is a wonderful, wonderful feeling.
 According to the flyer, the Olympiad is "a global design festival for citizens to celebrate and embrace the designation of Seoul becoming the World Design Capital of 2010." The exhibition showed different elements/items of design from t-shirts and stuffed animals to health products to inventions for eco-friendly living. It was really a treat for all 5 of my senses to see so many great ideas from all around the world made tangible.
And hey, Brad Pitt even had an entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment