Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The New Flu: LCI Takes Action!

So, before I came over, people asked if I was scared. If I was worried about North Korea bombing South Korea, or worried about moving to the hotbed of the next nuclear war, or worried about being only a few hours away from a crazy communist dictator. And, really, no I was not worried. In fact, at this moment, I am not worried. And many Koreans don't seem to be worried either...at least about that.
Nope, these days the big scare is the New Flu. Our school decided to do its part this week to help prevent the spread of the flu by cancelling school for two days.....for the children, that is.

OH yes, the teachers and staff were still required to come in for two days of office work. Did I mention we work 9:30AM-7PM? And since the staff was sanitizing the whole school, we all had to stay at our desks in the teacher office. It was kind of like Big Brother, starring 15 North American 20 somethings plus a few witty Koreans. Myself, I had a very productive 2 days of entering grades, making lesson plans, and collaborating with other teachers to create worksheet packets in case the government cancels school for a week. We'll see how the rest of the week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment