Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sorry kids, fun time is over!

So, about a month and a half ago, the kids' lunchtime changed from eating and then going to the Big Room to play and watch movies with all the other kids to eating and then staying in the classroom. This was done to prevent the spread of the flu and originally was only supposed to last a few weeks. As teachers, we are supposed to make worksheets for them to do during this time. Usually, I give them a few to color and some puzzle pages, because, I figure, it's lunchtime, I want them to enjoy it!
Today, my supervisor said, I'll be giving them worksheets during lunch, so don't make any for today. In fact, I had spent much of my previous evening finding activity sheets about Christmas and also the rainforest (our theme this week), and had come to work early to copy these worksheets before all the other teachers started using the copiers, but oh well.
Apparently, the classroom-lunchtime will be continuing indefinitely, and my supervisor is tired of them coloring. "They are 7 year threes; this is a really important time for them," she says (7 year 3s means they are 7 years old and this is their 3rd year at Kindergarten). So she is giving them grammar worksheets from now on. This means less work for me...but still, I was a little sad to see that "7 years old" = no more coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment