After a long week of play-practice and more play-practice, I decided by Friday my Kinder needed a break. Friday afternoon was dedicated to art, and my Kinder did a wonderful job, so I wanted to share.We had 2 art projects Friday: marbeling paper and coloring CDs to look like Mark Chagall's Opera House Ceiling (it was the artbook, so I said, ok.). I was a little nervous about the paper marbeling, because it involved paint...and I don't trust my kids with paint, but I thought it would be a fun treat.
SO, I set them to work on their Opera House designs, filled a tray with water and dropped in some oil paint. Well, first, I managed to get red oil paint all over my hand, but after that snafu, the rest went into the water.
It sounds cheesy, but as a teacher, my heart just boomed. Here are my kids, making beautiful projects and LOVING it. They were so excited to see how beautiful the paper kept turning out. Everytime someone dipped in paper, a few of the girls were always there to say "Oh, that's going to be so beautiful...OH, this is going to be the most beautiful...This one is going to be the best!" Everytime I added in a new color of paint, they just couldn't wait to see what design would come out. I kept sending students down to the office to get us more paper! more paper!

No comments:
Post a Comment