Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mosquitos-12, Jillian-0

A letter~
Dear Jillian,
You may think that it is nearing late fall and that temperatures are dropping and that this allows you to sleep in peace, but we at the Foundation for Traditional Korea Mosquito Rights (hereafter FTKMR) would like to respectfully disagree. You are forgetting that you are not in America; we are not American mosquitoes. Unlike our American brethren, we do not succumb to your Western ideals of weather and temperature and "correct" season for "bugs." We maintain the right to withdraw your blood all throughout the year, not just during the "summer" months.
We would like to thank you for leaving your mosquito net open the other night, thereby enabling us to infiltrate the space you have kept so carefully guarded through the summer months. Because of your actions, many hungry mosquito youths will now have prime feasting for several days. We would also like to recognize your attention to animal rights when you decided to leave your repellant burner unplugged. This gave us a valuable opportunity to try out some new tactics and spend some quality time with our fellow FTKMR members without fear of spontaneous fainting or invisible forcefields.
In closing, I would like to assure you that we know it can be tough living in a big city alone, but we will not leave you unattended. When you are typing, eating, or sleeping, we will be right there, ready to remind you that you live in Korea and that you are not alone.
Sincerely,
the Foundation for Traditioanal Korean Mosquito Rights

No comments:

Post a Comment