Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It looks like a Kindergarten again!

Obviously, I love art day.

Anyways, so for the past few weeks, the 2nd floor hallway has been looking a little bare. Prior to Christmas, Katey (the other teacher on my floor) and I had that floor pretty well decorated for the holidays with Wish Lists and Letters to Santas and everything, but we had to send everything home for Christmas.
Today, the kids made a "Winter Scene" with penguins assembled out of different-sized hearts. I taped them up in the hallways first thing and was struck with the thought, "Hey, it's beginning to look like a Kindergarten again!" Somehow, arts and crafts in the hallway just bespeaks Kindergarten and childhood creativity at its fullest to me. I feel like hallways with no artwork are akin to ghost-towns, but seeing drawings shows you, oh yeah, little hands are working hard here.

That's right, taking up both sides of the hallways!
Here are the kids with their Winter Scenes. Obviously, some of them got it better than others....


Cathy, Aaron, and Cindy. Aaron spent an exorbitant amount of time
making the background. He has a whole other Winter Scene on the back
of the paper. I felt bad when I told him, heyyyy, you gonna make the penguin?

David, Julie, Brian, & Steve. Brian kept squinting his eyes, and I kept saying,
"Brian, open your eyes." So this time he made sure to make his eyes really big. Also, about David's penguin:
David was so concerned with coloring neatly, he colored right over the eyes. He says, "Jillian-Teacher? Nice?" I say, "Um, yeah, but where are the eyes?" But never fear. David simply takes a white crayon and makes new ones. I don't know why I worry. 

Emily, Jonah, Abby, and Anthony. Anthony's like the Benicio del Toro of the 2nd floor. He was also very excited about all the ice mountains and hills he had made.

Also, they love to sing. So here's coloring and singing:




No comments:

Post a Comment