Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Reveling in Christmas!

OK, let's just be honest...my Christmas holidays were AMAZING this year! I'm including basic info if you also want to do these activities! 
Kim Min Seu breaks open the sticker books.


Christmas morning at Geon Children's Home
So, to start: Christmas morning I went to Geon Children's Home. Each year my church organizes "Christmas angels" so people in the church can buy gifts for a child at Geon and deliver them on Christmas. I went last year and ... it's actually a great Christmas. Maybe one of my new favorite Christmas traditions. Anyways, this year, I had a 7 year old with a hankering for UGG boots. I can't afford UGG boots, but tried to find some suitable replacements. The church also ordered sticker books of Bible stories. At the children's home, there was a skit and a short message, and then it was gift time! The kids are so excited, and it's just...heartening to be able to be someone else's family, if only for an hour or so. To be able to pray for them and just be there for them. We can't really understand each other, but hopefully they could see how many people care for them. ^^



For Christmas dinner, I ate with a friend at  Sawore Boribap, which means Barley in April.  Sawore Boribap dishes are made with barley rice and is considered "well-being food." We ordered two entrees: roasted mackeral and bibimbap. Both of these came with several side-dishes, so we were full pretty quickly.


After that, we walked down Gangnam Avenue, which has been generously decorated by Coca-Cola for the holidays. It was *soooooo cold* though, so we didn't stay out long.

OK, Sunday we did so many activities, I'm going to have to make it a separate entry!
If you want to see all the photos, go here. I'm going to be updating the album over the next few days, so keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment