Pages

My photo
Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea
I maintain that you can find corners of brilliance anywhere, if you take the time to look for them. I aim to be happy, no matter the surroundings. I believe that anything (even the small, overlooked, mundane, daily activities...and maybe especially those sorts of things) can be an ADVENTURE if you have the right attitude. Of course, matching t-shirts also always help endeavor. And yes, if I get to wear an outfit, I really will be more apt to do something...I enjoy outfits.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Why I love Indiana

Before I came home, I was expecting to have major culture shock. I was expecting to be angry for a good 3 days before settling into life back home. I was expecting to be hating everything.
But you know what? I like home. I like the people. I like the way that Borders coffee shop is the new hangout for retirees and stay-at-home moms. And how they all know each other. And how the moms read with their kids, and the retirees also know the kids, and the kids know the barista.
I like the way that the License Bureau was surrounded by a soy bean field. I like that when Nicole and I went to get pedicures and we were talking to our pedicurists (I don't know if that's a word or not), one of them said she didn't want to stay in Evansville after she finished beauty college because she didn't like big cities. I like the way that when you leave Target, there is a beautiful sunset. And you can see the sunset because very few buildings in Evansville are over 4 stories. I like seeing old friends and hearing stories about their crazy roommates and being the last ones out of the restaurant, even though it's only 10pm. I like being able to DRIVE and dance to music in my car. I like the way people hold the door open for you and say hi when you pass them riding bikes. Reverse culture shock? No way. I am settling in just fine :) Thank you home for being so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment